Django Data Wizard 1.1.0
Django Data Wizard 1.1.0 brings a number of exciting improvements while (mostly) maintaining backwards compatibility with 1.0.
- Full integration with the Django admin, including:
- Admin-styled Django templates (#7), complementing the existing wq/Mustache templates.
- “Import via data wizard” admin action
- Optional ready-to-use data source models to streamline setup (
- Admin view for identifier mappings (#6)
- Removed hard dependency on Celery/Redis
- Async processing now uses a simple threading backend, but can still use celery if desired
- This is configurable via the new
- Compatibility with Django 2.0/2.1 and Python 3.7 (#11)
- CLI for automated processing (#12)
- Fixed issues with content type id serialization (#9, #13)
The Django Data Wizard 1.1 API is designed to be backwards compatible with 1.0, but there are two breaking configuration changes:
- The provided
data_wizard.urlsno longer include the
datawizard/prefix, so you need to add it yourself.
urlpatterns = [ # ... - path('', include('data_wizard.urls')), + path('datawizard/', include('data_wizard.urls')), ]
- The permission to create, view, and execute
Runinstances via the API is now restricted by default to
rest_framework.permissions.IsAdminUser. Previously the permissions were whatever you had configured for
REST_FRAMEWORK['DEFAULT_PERMISSION_CLASSES']. To override the new default, set
DATA_WIZARD['PERMISSION']to your desired permissions setting.